GreenTec Ecological Homes have signed contracts for the construction of a new low energy holiday cottage in Loughrea, Co. Galway. Construction is soon to be underway.
This Low Energy Cottage will consist of the following;
- 150mm floor insulation on standard raft foundation
- 250mm Pumped Cavity Wall Construction using Ancon Teplo Basalt non conducting wall ties
- 400mm Cellulose Insulation Pumped in Attic
- Intello Airtight Membrane with an expected air change result of 0.6 air changes per hour at 50pa
- Triple Glazed Windows
- Exhaust Air to Air Passive Heat Recovery System linked to wood burning stove.
- PHPP to be completed by Passive Developments
- All Groundworks